If you're involved in a new construction project, we have Four Easy Steps To Get Natural Gas To Your Project:
Step 1: Contact our Builders Liaison
- Call our Builders Liaison Team at 609-561-9000, Extension #4323. A Sales Consultant will contact you within 48 hours
Step 2: Complete an Application for Service
- Complete an Application for Service form appropriate to your situation
- Submit the application before your foundation work has started. Be sure to attach your site plan with your preferred meter location clearly indicated on the plan
- Return completed application package to:
- Upon receipt, we will review your application package to determine if natural gas is available at the project location. We will get back with you as soon as possible
Step 3: Design Technician Visit
- A technician will visit your project(s) to measure and design the location planned for your new gas line and gas meter installation
- Please indicate the gas line location on the foundation with the letter “G” or place a stake in the ground marked “Gas”
- Once the designs have been completed; a Sales Consultant will call with a status on the project and any potential costs associated to the install (if applicable)
Step 4: Prepare for Service Line & Meter Installation
South Jersey Gas will obtain the necessary street opening permits. We will also coordinate with 811/Call Before You Dig to arrange for a technician to mark public underground utility lines as part of the New Jersey’s damage prevention laws.
South Jersey Gas will schedule your installation and you will receive notification to mark out all private utilities and lines installed on the property.
Please note that most water and sewer companies only mark the lines to the curb line and the rest are considered the property owner's private utility lines. Markout of private utility lines are the responsibility of the property owner.
Important Notice: Gas service may not be installed if property is not properly marked out.
When you agree to move ahead with the installation you will need to indicate the location of all privately owned underground lines on the property. These include, but not limited to:
- Invisible fencing
- Privately installed Electric, Water, Sewer, Cable, Fiber Optic, Telephone, etc. lines on the property
- Well and septic systems
Once the permits are in hand and the markouts are complete, South Jersey Gas will install your natural gas service and meter and activate your meter. Commercial projects and all projects served with over .25 pounds per square inch service pressure or requiring larger than typical meters, the meter may not be installed at the same time as the service.
Typical processing and installation time for a new service on main is 8-10 weeks, weather permitting. The process and installation time may be longer depending on the extent of the permitting required and if a main extension is required.
Contact Information For New Home Construction
Commercial New Construction